Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

A floral Elephant

Line drawings are interesting. If you want to upgrade your artistic skill, you will find a ton of free lessons online to learn line drawing.

But, have you ever thought about taking a step further by tracing those drawings onto fabric?

I found it very fascinating. 

But, I am not stopping by just tracing the drawing. I did an outline embroidery on the traced image. 

Who is saying I have to stop right there? 

Adding colour is a great way to bring more interest, right? Imagine, having flowers and leaves added to the line drawing? With a bit of embroidery knowledge, you can bring colours and textures. 


Here, I used hand embroidery techniques. 
The embroidery floss I used is from Amazon

Have a look at my elephant line drawing and added embroidery!

Now the problem is figuring out what to do with this pretty creation. Attach it to a T-shirt? Make a greeting card?

So, what would you do if you had a unique creation like this in your hands?




 
Bindu

6 comments:

  1. That is the cutest elephant! It is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. That is a happy elephant

      Delete
  2. I would buy a tiny frame to put it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say what Kathy said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, love it.
    I visited you via Crafty Creators Link Party #66
    If not already part of SSPS, and are interested, find my entries: 55+56 and then navigate toward the bottom of my page for the Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup, we hope to meet you there virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidered elephant is adorable! Congrats - you are one of my Featured Guests at Inspire Me Monday #570 at Create With Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here