Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2023

My misadventures in Design


 Have you noticed a change in the banner of my blog? Well, let me tell you the story of what happened.

I had been working on adding "Pinterest" to the sidebar and had been scouring the internet for a while to figure out how to do it. Eventually, I came across a solution that required me to work on the HTML code. While it may sound daunting, it wasn't as complicated as I initially thought. Pinterest will give you some code. You just have to paste it in the appropriate place. So, I went ahead and added the code from Pinterest to the blog and hit save. To my surprise, when I viewed the blog, the banner disappeared. While playing with the settings, I must have accidentally clicked on something and deleted the banner. I searched through my computer but couldn't find the banner anywhere.

After trying to restore the old banner for a while, I eventually gave up and decided to create a new one. I used Canva to design it, and although I am not very happy with it, it serves the purpose for now. 

Lessons were definitely learned through this experience. One of them is that we should always have a backup of important files, like the blog banners, in case of accidents like this.

Another lesson was that making mistakes is a part of the learning process, and we should always be open to trying new things and learning from our errors.

Do you like the new banner?  Do you think the banner really represents this blog?

PS: Does anyone want to know how to make a blogger banner on Canva? Please add in the comments.

Bindu

4 comments:

  1. Once upon a time, I had banners and colours, but I have favoured a plain vanilla ‘wrapper’ for a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The new one is larger than the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/15/2023

    Hi Bindu, this is Beatrice, I have never changed my blog header because I have never been certain about what I would want to replace it. I do not remember your previous banner, but this one looks very nice. Some bloggers change theirs quite often, but for myself, the blog post content has always been more important. Also, I have heard if Canva but never used it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here