Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2021

You don't have it???



I was reading my favourite blogs today. Then, click on some more to see what is going on in the blogging world. 


I saw a few posts about spam emails and scams. 


That reminded me of an old incident.

 

One fine day, I got a call on my phone. The caller told me he is from Microsoft. My computer is sending him several notices about some technical trouble. 


Then I told him to call back at another time as I was about to go out.


Then next day, he called again. I told him my hubby deals with those kinds of things, advising him to call back another day.


To my amusement, he called again! I thought I had to deal with it. He told me I had to switch on the computer and open a website, which he would direct. Then, he can take over the computer remotely and fix it.


Now, I remember that I have a laptop, not a desktop computer!!!!!


So, I told him, "I don't have a computer", aptly forgetting to mention the laptop. 


He got furious and asked, "You didn't have a computer the whole time?"


His tone was angry, and I replied calmly, I don't own a computer. 


He said @$## and cut the call. 


Have you ever tricked a scammer like that?




 

Bindu

Follow on Instagram

7 comments:

  1. I haven't but I'm going to remember this! Thanks for stopping by my blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should, but I just hang up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answer the phone with silence. My husband is the one who engages them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great trick on your part. I wouldn't have taken the call. You did well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't but my husband enjoys that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've gotten that one several times. I told him that I was a mother and wondered what his mother thinks of him trying to scam people. I went on and on about how sad he was making her. And... gosh... he hung up on me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here