Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Mixed Media Fabric collage

I wanted to make a new fabric mixed media collage . Thinking about it for sometime actually.
I dyed a tea towel using green tea. Tea made the towel look old and used. I used the towel for wiping off excess paint from previous projects too.
Looking on it, I decided to do some hand sewing.

I cut the tea towel to make a smaller size. There was a length of ribbon which I bought from my last trip to South India. With my Singer sewing machine,(which is a very basic one) attached the ribbon to frame the work. I tried few lines of different stitch patterns. 
Can you see the blue paint got outlined with stitches? Those are just running stitch. 
There is this denim butterfly I made and  embellished a few days before. 

 It was a lot of fun to add the beads and sequins on the dark blue fabric. 

Now stitched the butterfly on to the background and made a few loops for hanging.


That beaded embellishment is from a vintage costume necklace. That is also hand sewn to the fabric. 
It is ready to go on my wall. 

What kind of feelings/thoughts come to your mind when looking on this one? 

Bindu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here