Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Circle to square: crochet pattern


Yes! I am going to start with crocheting a circle and to finish as a square  

Start with a magic circle


Chain 3  Then make 15 double crochet


Skip stitch to the top of the chain 3 in the beginning  cut yarn

Add the next colour between any two dc



Chain 3  Make a dc between the next dcs  continue to make chain 1 and dc around and finish with a slip chain on top of the 3rd chain of the first 4 chains at the beginning of the row



Change colour and join yarn on any chain space. We are going to make 3 dc on each of the chain 1 space



 Now we want to make it a square  There are 16 clusters of 3 dc  I am going to create 4 collections as one side of the square 


Start with making a granny corner with (3 dc, chain 3, 3 dc)


If it is a granny square there should be 3 dc clusters between the dc clusters of the previous row    But that will make the height of the stitches different  

So, I worked 3 hdc on the next group 3 sc in the next 

And another 3 hdc next  now we are done one side



Continue with corner and sides to finish off


 

 You can continue the next round by doing all dcs 


With this square, I can make a blanket by continuing with more rows.

I made a small purse with two of the squares.   


 Linking up to Tryitlikeit.com

 

Bindu

4 comments:

  1. Sue is contemplating her winter project. She has one to finish first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have so many unfinished projects. Now I like to finish one before starting another one.

      Delete
  2. That is the easiest to understand magic circle I have ever seen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here