Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Denim Coaster

Upcycling is creative fun. 

My dear daughter(DD) gave me a pair of jeans. She doesn’t like it anymore. 

It came to my mind to make a round coaster with denim  I traced a circle on a piece and cut it out. Decided to crochet around the edge  


To add crocheted edging, I need to put holes on the edge  Or I can do a chain stitch around the edge and use it as the foundation for the crochet  

I am not good at making marks equidistant on fabric. My embroidery cannot be trusted to make even stitches  So the next idea was to crochet a length of chain and stitch around the denim piece.


The crochet chain is stitched by hand-sewing  

Then I decided to do a petal shape for the edge  

The pattern used is 3 dc, skip next chain slip stitch on next, skip one and repeat  

Sometimes, you may have to improvise to make the pattern fit the circle  But mine was going good  



That is the end result. This is a washable coaster  

I am seeing a lot of decorative possibilities with this  Any ideas coming to your mind? Please share with me in the comment section  

Bindu

2 comments:

  1. Your usually industrious and don't usually 'coast' like this. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here