Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Spruce Bog Boardwalk: memories of Thanksgiving Weekend.

Thanksgiving was a month ago in Canada.

I have never been to Algonquin park before. Since most Canadians are doing camping and staycation this year, it was hard to get reservations there. So, to view the fall colours we decided to go for a day trip. We got booked for Monday.  

My husband and I both have knee problems. We wanted to have more accessible trails to hike. The Spruce Boardwalk trail fit well for us. 

The parking lot there still had space. Most people finish this one in half an hour. Maybe because of that, we got parking fast. 


Thousands of years ago, it was full of trees. Beavers made a dam in the Sunday creek, and the water made trees fall down, turning it into a lake and then a bog. The water in the Algonquin bogs lack oxygen and is acidic. 
The trail is only 1.5 km.  

That is on the trail. We saw water dripping from it. 

The trail has boardwalk sections. Easy for people with mobility issues. I got hubby in this photo.

 We saw mushrooms on the trees and on the ground. 
Isn't it an artwork by nature?
 
Let me show a colourful fall view:


The photos remind me of the fun family time. 

Have you been to any of the national parks recently? What was the most memorable thing about it?

Bindu


















4 comments:

  1. That's a huge glacial erratic. I have seen others in the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One was a beaver dam and the other from glacier. That is what I saw in the guide book. I can be wrong

      Delete
  2. Gosh! I haven’t been to a national park in such a long, long time. I love Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. I’d love to visit there again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't visited a park in ages. Mind you, we live on 16 acres!!! Our kids canoe camp all the time. My SIL went with a buddy last month to Algonquin. A great adventure. I hear you about knees. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here