Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Read a little

It was a week of boredom. 

I felt like I had nothing to write on the blog.

But there were many books. 

The Last Thing He told me" was a great suspense novel to keep me engaged. 

I finished reading "How a Woman Becomes a Lake" by Marjorie Celona. Then "The last Thing He told me "By Laura Dave.  

Both were very interesting to me. I started reading "Behold the Dreamers" by Imbolo Mbu. But, lost interest after a couple of chapters. "The Vanishing Half" and "The Good Sister" were keeping me entertained.  

The book "Y" by Marjorie Celona was a bit too much for me to read. The story of a child abandoned at birth, even as a book, is a bit too much. Anybody too sensitive to read a book, like me? 

The books waiting for me are "This Is How It Always Is" by Laurie Frankel, "Who Is Vera Kelly?" by Rosalie Knecht and "Clever Girl Finance " by Bola Sokunbi. 

Vera Kelly is the one I am reading currently. She is mysterious. She is a spy. So, it is going to be more interesting!

 






Bindu

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, there will be days when you do not feel like you have anything to post about, Bindu, and that’s ok. Quite honestly, many people seem to feel the need to post daily about every little thing and that is ok for them as well. As for myself, I now tend to post less often then before and longer when I do. Reading is always wonderful and I just finished an ebook and an audiobook over the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading is a good hobby. The stories people can make up, the twists they create... How the author's make stories! Wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Some books to add to my list once my eye is healed and will cooperate. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here