Pages

Monday, May 3, 2021

Happiness in 4 Easy Steps

The year 2021 started while we were still dealing with the pandemic. It is May now. In Toronto, we have the third wave. 

Toronto is under lockdown till May 20. On top of that, we are getting more overcast days. It is a year of heightened emotions and fear. 

 

How can I  be happy?




  1. Having hobbies


I love taking care of plants. Nowadays, I try to propagate indoor plants. It is lovely to see the new growth budding. 

During the pandemic, I started reading one book a week. Started it as fun. Then it leads to re-starting my blog." Books and Bindu" is the new one to write about my reading.

  

2. Learning new things


Learning to make designs for the blogs with "Canva" became another fun activity. I can be in my zone for hours creating a graphic. There are always new and exciting things to work on. This year, I am learning more about social media, especially Instagram and Pinterest.


3. Looking around


It can be a walk in the park. It can be just looking out through the window to see a squirrel. If you can be in that moment, it will make you happy. 


Watching squirrels in the backyard is fun. It is interesting to watch them standing on hind legs with a nut in the mouth.  


The bushes on the sidewalks are bursting with different colours of flowers. Trees are growing new buds. Changes happening in nature during springtime is incredible! Makes everyone happy.


4. Connecting with others


When I had a bad day at work, I decided to call a friend on the phone to chat. I took the time to ask how she is coping with the lockdown. We talk, about my problem at work. She had a listening ear and a solid suggestion to tame my mood. 


Having friends to call and talk to is one thing we should not take for granted. 

Bindu

3 comments:

  1. Buenos consejos te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're under another lockdown. You are handling it very well and making the best of your time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here