Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Art Journal: Taking courage


I am on making another mixed media page on my converted notebook.

My loving hubby bought me some new acrylic colours and I got a table to sit and explore my art side.

I glued few pages together with glue stick.
Layered it with acrylic paints, stopping in between to dry with hair dryer. 

After all, this is my book. I decided to Just do it.

 I used some dimensional paint to draw the outline for the words. Since I have a lot of unused crochet pieces left from my failed Etsy experiment, I am using them in the book.
Crochet gives lot of texture, right?
I wanted a tree trunk of sorts...The black lining from the old handbag is just enough for that. 
I used one stamp from my stash. Also my handmade stamp I showed in this post to make the flower motif.
The art journaling is very inexpensive. Getting it on the paper is the only thing to be concerned about. 
To me mixed media is the art of "anything goes".
So here is the finished page:
I found this blog and subscribed it too.
Bindu Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here