Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chamomile tea




I recently started drinking green tea. The first one was from a Chinese buffet. Their Jasmin tea was so delicious.
Then I started trying out different types of green tea. Now I have Chamomile, peppermint and some other Japanese tea in my pantry.
My daughter was doing a project on Chamomile for her biology class. I loved the facts she found out about Chamomile.
Who would have thought that Chamomile has a nickname "Plant Doctor"? That is true.  Chamomile has the ability to promote growth to its neighbouring plants.
The sweet scent of green apple and the yellow color of the tea is very soothing to me. A cup of Chamomile tea and a good book is great way to relax after a long day.
I never got the chamomile flowers to make tea. Usually, I buy the tea bags. After doing the research for her project, kiddoos told me, i should try to buy the whole flower to make tea.
That is the next idea.

In my experience, if taken before bedtime, I get great sleep. My favorite way of taking the tea is adding one or two spoons of Realemon and some honey to taste. 
( I use Realemon instead of lemon most of the time. I am not promoting the Realemon through this article and I am not getting any compensation from the products featured in this blog)



Bindu Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here