Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Saving Money by paying in time


I usually use credit cards to make my purchases. It is mostly because of the points I can accumulate, like airmiles and points to get free grocery etc. Another thing is, my bank gives only a certain number of debit transaction free.After than each transaction will cot me about 50 cents each.
WHILE accumulating points is a good thing to get things free on a rainy day, I would like to point out the importance of paying the credit card bill in time. If you are late to pay it after the due date, yo will see a financial chargs on your next bill. Tha is the interest charged on your balance.
So, if you are not planning to pay the balance in full on every credit card, then check for the card with higher interest rate. Pay that in full. Use the credit card with lowest interest rate more often.
Sometimes I get the free cheques, from the credit card companies saying "Free Cash". By looking on the fine print, I realized, the date I  submit that cheque, they will start charging interest. So it is very important to read the small print.
My friends, collect points by using the credit cards, but remember to pay in full before the due date to avoid the financial charges.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here