Pages

Monday, November 6, 2023

A bit about yarns

I went to Michaels. 

You may think, it must be a regular thing for me, as a crafter. 

I don’t drive. So going to the craft store is at the mercy of hubby or daughter. 

I really want to make this granny blanket for someone  

I got Soft and Shiny by Loops and Thread in white and grey . Then I needed Teal also for the blanket  Teal was not available from the same brand . So I got Caron Simply Soft 

All are soft acrylic yarn . 

You know, all crocheters love the central pull to start working  Loops and Threads  give a nice central pull. 

Just like that! Easy! 

Caron, not so. 

I tried   But I was unable to find the center. It is tightly wrapped inside. 
What is your experience with  these yarns? 

By the way, this is the blanket I am working on: 

I promise to post updates about this crochet baby blanket. 
Right now, I am trying to change the shop name. Etsy has to help me for that. I made things complicate for myself
 
So nothing is going yo get added to the store soon

2 comments:

  1. Sue gets her wool online, but I'll have to ask here from where. But that is when she has an afghan project, so it's a fairly big order. It probably wouldn't be feasible for a small project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a lovely blanket. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here