Pages

Friday, January 14, 2022

New Year : Covid scare

It is already the middle of January. 

One evening, I was dropped off at the subway by a co-worker. We both had masks on (But not N95 or something like that). I was grateful to have a ride! I was working after the Christmas holidays.

The following day, she texted me with news about her hubby tested positive for Covid. She got tested on Jan 2nd and got a positive result on Jan 3rd. It was already New Year's eve. So, we decided to keep ourselves at home for the New Year. 

Since my workplace is a dental office, I have to go to the office. To be on the safe side and to protect my family, I decided to get tested. I got both vaccines and the booster. 

That is when I realized we could get a PCR test faster if we were willing to pay. The testing centre is at the Eaton Center. But, they will test you if you don't have any symptoms. Since I did not have any symptoms, I got the test.

The result was negative. 

What a relief!.

If anyone is interested in knowing where I found the information, it is here https://www.fhhealth.com/

How is your January shaping up?

 

Bindu

6 comments:

  1. That sounded like a scare and very common right now. I'm so glad you tested negative. It's been a pretty good January so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, our year has started off well, Bindu. Like yourself we have been vaccinated and had the booster shots. Thankfully we have not heard of anyone we know or visited over the Christmas holidays testing positive. I can understand your concern as you work in a dental office and good you were able to be tested with a negative result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My January is shaping up cold. That is most of the story for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your test was negative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine the relief you felt with the negative result. Take care out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you tested negative for COVID. It is indeed a scary situation out there. I am applying a veterinary term they use for indoor cats ... my January is a case of captivity stress. (col).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here