Pages

Monday, January 17, 2022

I don't want to go out

From yesterday onwards, the prediction for today is heavy snow and blizzard conditions. 

I woke up in the morning. Opened the door to have a peek

 The sun was not out yet. The walkway and the garden were filled with snow. We decided to cook things before 7 AM, so the hydro rates will still be lower. While we were in the kitchen, the person came with the snowblower. She did it two times to mark the path. 

After breakfast, I was looking outside to see how it is. The snow was getting heavy. Reporters on TV were asking people to stay off the road if possible. Seeing the cars and trucks stuck on the highway, I decided, I cannot go out in this weather.

I informed the workplace that I cannot make it and apologized for the inconvenience. The supervisor was like "I never take a day off due to blizzard conditions". 

I can see the road through my back window. So many cars were stuck there. 


Those cars were there for more than half an hour. Then some drivers came out and tried to remove some snow from the road. 

It still was not working. I didn't see a single bus coming there. 



This chair in the backyard was taken at 10 AM.
Let we see how it looks at 2pm


The Toronto schools were supposed to be reopened for in-person learning today. But, the school boards cancelled that. 

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better! 

4 comments:

  1. So much snow on the roads there must be a nightmare. I think it is amazing that they can plow a road like the 401. It must be really bad for people who don’t put snow tires on their cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. School buses aren’t running here again today. i expect we’ll be back to regular hours tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was some dump of snow! Nice to look at from the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly not a nice comment from the supervisor, Bindu, and better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here