Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas 2021

It is Christmas!

We had snow yesterday. But, it is almost gone with the rain. Green Christmas it is. 



Because the number of Covid cases is increasing, we decided to have a stay at home Christmas. 

We watched the Netflix movie "Don't Look Up".  Lunch was homemade biriyani. 

I got my booster shot two days ago. I am not looking forward to boxing day shopping at all. It will be acceptable to stay home and away from crowds. 

On Christmas eve, we thought about a plan if one of us got sick. Since we are all double vaccinated and are getting booster shots, the next one is to plan if we get actually sick: the worst-case scenario

According to the plan, we need credit cards to buy online. If one of us gets really sick, we need to call 911. Then we have to have friends' phone numbers to let them know about the situation. Maybe they will be courageous to drop off food outside. 

I have to call and inform my workplace that I am sick and cannot work. That reminds me to check if I can get EI while isolating and recovering. 

Have you made a plan if you get Covid?

 




 

Bindu

6 comments:

  1. We've been using Amazon a lot since it began and have often done grocery pickup, so I guess we would continue on. Unless of course we got really sick. Then all bets would be off. Come to Ottawa. It's not green here. In fact, it was icy today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and before I forget, thank you so much for coming to visit me at Marmelade Gypsy and leaving a lovely comment. Your blog is very interesting! I hope your Christmas was a beautiful, peaceful day. I'm in Michigan and Covid is very high here so I doubt I will go out today to shop -- or at least not till rather late if I do. We do have a plan, and hope we'll never need to use it. There are many breakthrough infections here despite vaxes and boosts and I am considered "highly vulnerable" so I stick pretty close to home. We didn't do family Christmas yet because our grand-toddlers brought it home from daycare and it's running through their house. Light cases, fortunately, but we take no chances! I hope you stay safe and well and never have to use that plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven’t made such a plan which isn’t wise these days. We have yet to receive our boosters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of food in the pantry and I am sure a neighbour would get bread & milk & drop it off.
    Thanks for the ID of the mural I posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved "Don't Look Up"! We don't have a specific plan, but we have credit cards and can order in food if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The What If plan is a good idea. We have a plan for a friend to come & look after the cats if something should take us both to hospital & we were do the same for her. We have both had our boosters & kept a very quiet Christmas at home, no visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here