Pages

Friday, August 20, 2021

Unexpected free day


I haven't been writing that much

I was reading several books though.

It is Friday! I woke up by 4.50 am because the work starts at 7 am. 

As usual, went to the office and started working. While the first patient was still on the chair, the power went out. Luckily, no one was in the middle of a procedure.

We waited for a few minutes, hoping the power will come back. 

Then dismissed the patient. Staff continued to wait for about another hour. Then called and cancelled all the patients. Luckily, we have paper records of contact numbers to make calls. 

Then everyone was sent home. 

Outside, the day was hot and humid. I got a really good afternoon nap though. It felt so nice to do nothing. 

What you will do if you get an unexpected off day?

Bindu

4 comments:

  1. I remember having delayed opennings due to weather conditions. I would always think I could a whole lot more done than I actually could and half the time ended up in a rush not to be late. But a whole day off was a luxury of leisure time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was teaching and school was canceled because of snow, that always felt like a gift. Can't remember specifics of what I did but I know I always looked forward to snow days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I wa a teacher, I used to like Snow Days although I usually had to go in and sit in an empty school anyway. It was still a break of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since my husband and myself are both retired for many years, we have every day off from work in the sense of a paying job. Yet, we always find jobs around our apt that need attention. For me, a day off is not doing any of those and reading an enjiyable book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here