Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Visit to Allan Garden

It has been over a year, I wanted to see the Allan Garden Conservatory. 

This month, I visited the conservatory with my daughter. 

It is a park and a conservatory in Toronto. The park has a leash-free area for dogs. Then there is a plan area for kids. The garden has several trees. We saw some tents in the park (maybe they belonged to homeless people). 

The greenhouses are open year-round for free. 

There is a pond with turtles. We stood there to enjoy the water feature. 




The fish pond with beautiful fish and a fountain statue of "Leda and the Swan".  The Greek god Zeus transformed as a swan near the lovely Leda, queen of Sparta. The swan seduced Leda, according to the story


The greenhouses will take you out of the city to the dreamland of plants and flowers. There are tropical plants as well as cactuses. 





People were looking at the plants and drawing on their iPads. (artists, maybe?) Then there was an older woman sitting near the fish pond and relaxing. 





The entrance to this place is free.  I hope you enjoy the photos here. I really want to come back to this place.

I wish they were selling plants and flowers too. Don't you want to too?

 

Bindu

7 comments:

  1. We used to go there in the 60s!
    Re: my froggies. They hibernate by digging down into the mud at the bottom of ponds for winter. They have a weird hormone of some sort, it works like antifreeze and keeps them in stasis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. What a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been awhile since I have been in a greenhouse, but I remember how lovely thy can be.

    I have just begun to read and comment on blogs form my iPad, but I couldn't comment on your from there this morning. I wonder if that will persist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never visited this greenhouse. I would love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looked like a beautiful place to visit with your daughter, Bindu, and how nice that thee is no entrance cost too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here