Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Dividend Reinvestments of September

It is fun to look on your investments to see how things are going.



May be not that much fun, but it will give some ideas to self. 

I added DRIP or dividend reinvestment to our self direct accounts. DRIP is dividend re-investment program. 

Our accounts are with the bank. We called them to ask about DRIP. They won't give partial shares. If the dividend from one company is enough to buy one whole share, they will do it. 

I agreed! This way, I can get some shares without having trading expense. 

This month I received 3 companies and 4 shares. 

This will give me added dividends next time. 




 It is nice to see your efforts are slowly paying off! 

If I was going to live off my dividends, I would not have opted for DRIP. Right now, I am still working. So, the money can grow slowly within the account. 

Still after doing DRIP, there are some money in TFSA. I am thinking of moving that money to RRSP. 

You cannot move money directly from TFSA to RRSP. You have to withdraw that money. Since the income generated in TFSA is not taxable, it won't affect your income.

But, be careful! if you withdraw money from RRSP, it will considered as income for the year and you will pay tax. 

I added several blogs to the side bar. It will help me to visit and read them. 

September is ending tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get time to update dividend income!


Bindu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here