Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mixed Media Greeting card

Haven't you keep a lot of blank cards to make handmade cards?
I keep few in my stash all the tim. 
sometimes, you get them on a bargain price, like these ones:

 In the cover they looked so lovely. I loved the prints.They came in a pretty box with a memo pad with same prints and a set of index cards. It was in my stash for months now. 
This year, I am going to give handmade greeting cards for Christmas. That is going to be fun.
I am also trying to learn few hand embroidery stitches. So, combining fabric, paper, thread... 
I am not sure it can be called mixed media greetings card, because, I didn't add any paint on it. 
The embroidery stitch is called interlaced running stitch. 
Should it needs some sequins? or beads? Or just leave it as it is...
What you think? Any suggestion is helpful.
Bindu Designs

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards. I never thought of using old note cards as a base but how clever is that? I think a few beads or sequins to make the tree more Christmasy would be excellent. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Actually I added few sequins to it yesterday evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here