Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Heart on a card: A simple mixed media project


 When I wake up in the morning, I felt pain on my shoulders. There is pain on my neck. It is hard to turn, it is hard to do stuff with hands. Today is a working out day too. Did I ever mentioned that I am a dental assistant? I want to work today and hope and hope to work whole day. ( Because, I need that money to buy my paper, paint, threads and ... you know the stuff?)

So, todays creative work is small. Actually I started it yesterday.
The heart is cut from denim. To keep the threads from fraying out, I used clear nail polish on the edges.
A white line of beads were stitched on the heart. 

I had this patterned paper book as a Christmas gift from last year. Cut a circle with scissors. (How I wish to have circle punches...)

The white blank card is from Michaels. (The store is far from where I live and I need my hubby  to  take me there. So going to Michaels is kind of a big treat)

I draw around the circle with crayola marker. I forgot to mention that I used some pink nail polish (Sally Hansen) on the heart to give that pinkish shade on the edges.  I loved making it. 
Guess, it needs a little more bling to give that finished look. 
May be I will play with it later tonight.




3 comments:

  1. You make a lot from using so little! A very creative sue of regular home items, for sure! Hope your hands feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erika. Feeling bit better

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet looking piece, with it's string of beads. The closest art store is 2.5 hours from my house, so I try to stock up when I go too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here