Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Exploring Abstract


Since I am exploring the mixed media and painting to learn myself, I wanted to make something in my altered journal to practice it. 
Few days ago, I came across this site, Art Is Fun. The site is created by Thaneeya Mcardle.
If you are trying to learn by yourself, like me, then this is a good site. Many articles explain the method of doing art work. I decided to learn about Abstract.
Thaneeya provided her artwork and how she created it in one article. So, this one is inspired by Thaneeya.
 I began the project with Kelly Donovan's suggestions. So, used white glue diluted with water to prep the page. Then used acrylic paints on top of it. I dried each layer before adding the next layer.
 Once the page is prepped, I started playing with paint and brush.Kind of made some shapes, added few details. It is not great like the colorful work Thaneeya showed. Can I actually say this is inspired by her?
The left side page I used to dry the brush. I followed Kelly's advice and didn't want to waste paint. 
 The below one is the finished page in another angle. I am taking the courage to put it on the web.
What you think? Good, bad or ugly?
Bindu Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here