Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Path to success on Etsy

I was looking on the Etsy website. In the forums they suggest to shop local. I tried to find my crocheted items on local search. I tried crocheted skinny infinity scarf. But, Any scarf from Bindu Designs came up on Etsy local.
Since they changed the browse categories, many are complaining about not getting enough views. But, they were getting a lot of views before.
What I can't figure out is they found a way to get those views before. Now, Etsy changed tactics and some others are coming up.
I guess, my crocheted scrunchie is getting more views now, even though it is not getting sold.
Things are better than before for Bindu Designs, because I think, I am got 3 sales on October itself. Also, I am showing up more on the teams. People actually stated to respond to my questions and suggestions there. Also, the discussions in other forums are also getting noticed.
Today, I shopped for more inventory. Many online discussions are pinting out the importance of having business cards. I haven't yet made them. Still kind of thinking how and where to make them. I can save on shipping by doing it local. Making few cards by hand is also an idea. It is very cost effective too. My time and efforts are better than spending money in this initial stage. The cards are needed only when a sale occurs. The handmade thank you cards are really fine now.
131 items are there in the shop. Sales are the important things. Once I start making some money there, I can start investing in business cards and things like that. Right now, just keep adding more and keep the inventory growing. It is a lot of work.
Bindu Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here